Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bunch of bAD nEWS

I am feeling unmotivated and uninspired. 


My teacher told me I can not publish my friend's work on my magazine :( 

Therefore, no more poetry or art. Curse these guidelines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


ANYWHO, I will be doing an opinion piece instead, it will be titled "Feminism in Trump's America"
that will explore how to stay empowered under Trump's administration. I wish to explore current issues in feminism such as equal pay and planned parenthood.  

Here are some things to take into account: 

  • One of Trump’s first executive orders prohibits the granting of federal US funds to organizations that perform abortions or provide abortion-related counseling abroad. This measure was widely condemned in the United States and worldwide.
  • Trump’s administration has already ordered the defunding of organizations that support women’s right to choose, his Vice President led the anti-abortion march and the Republican majority in the House of Representatives voted against funding Planned Parenthood 

I am also planning on aiding the piece with a photo shoot that will ooze female empowerment, I will be taking the pictures of my friends the photoshoot will be inclusive of all body shapes, races, and ethnicities!!!!! 


:/ 



Murillo, Celeste. "The Failure of Liberal Feminism in the Trump Era." Left Voice. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment